Volunteer your piloting skills to bring joy and hope to a Dream Flyer and his/her family. After a pre-flight briefing with the Dream Flyer and his/her family and friends, you will take the Dream Flyer on an approximately 30 – 45 minute flight. After the flight, Dream Pilots, Dream Flyers, and friends join us for a post-flight celebration in the Pilot Lounge. Learn more about Dream Flyers.
Volunteer your piloting skills to bring joy and hope to a Discovery Flyer. As a Discovery Pilot, you will have the chance to fly regularly with a child from an underserved community. During these flights, the young Flyers are given the opportunity to fly the plane from the co-pilot’s seat. In addition, Discovery Flyers attend periodic aviation field trips and are encouraged to help out on Dream Flight Days. Learn more about Discovery Flyers.
All operating expenses are eligible for a charitable deduction to the fullest extent permitted by the Internal Revenue Code.
If you are interested in becoming an Above the Clouds volunteer pilot, please contact us at email@example.com.
Volunteer Pilot Requirements
- Minimum of 300 hours total flight time
- Minimum 30 hours flight time during 12 calendar months prior to Dream Flight
- Instrument Rated (currency not required)
- Current with all requirements of FAR Part 61, appropriate to the license held
- Valid Medical Certificate
- ASEL, AMEL, and/or ROTORCRAFT complied with all inspections, ADs and SEs
- Clean/presentable (as determined by an Above the Clouds representative)
- Approved in a visual inspection by an Above the Clouds representative
- No more than one INOP instrument on the panel