Interested in flying with us?
We are so thrilled that you are considering flying for Above the Clouds. Begin by learning about our organization and events on this website. Read through the requirements to be an ATC pilot and then complete the New Pilot Application (link is below) We will review your information and schedule an interview and tour. We hope you will volunteer as a non-pilot for your first Dream Flight Day so you can experience the joy first hand. Looking forward to meeting you you.
Volunteer your piloting skills to bring joy and hope to a Dream Flyer and his/her family. After a pre-flight briefing with the Dream Flyer and his/her family and friends, you will take the Dream Flyer on an approximately 30 – 45 minute flight. After the flight, Dream Pilots, Dream Flyers, and friends join us for a post-flight celebration in the Pilot Lounge. Learn more about Dream Flyers.
Volunteer your piloting skills to bring joy and hope to a Discovery Flyer. As a Discovery Pilot, you will have the chance to fly regularly with a child from an underserved community. During these flights, the young Flyers are given the opportunity to fly the plane from the co-pilot’s seat. In addition, Discovery Flyers attend periodic aviation field trips and are encouraged to help out on Dream Flight Days. Learn more about Discovery Flyers.
All operating expenses are eligible for a charitable deduction to the fullest extent permitted by the Internal Revenue Code.
Volunteer Pilot Requirements
- Minimum of 300 hours total flight time
- Minimum 50 hours flight time during 12 calendar months prior to Dream Flight
- Instrument Rated (currency not required)
- Current with all requirements of FAR Part 91, appropriate to the license held
- Valid Medical Certificate
- ASEL, AMEL, and/or ROTORCRAFT complied with all inspections, ADs and SEs
- Clean/presentable (as determined by an Above the Clouds representative)
- Approved in a visual inspection by an Above the Clouds representative
If you are interested in becoming an Above the Clouds volunteer pilot, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Dream Flight Day as a Joymaker to experience the joy as a ground crew. Then submit an application to be an Above the Clouds Pilot.
We need you to help us give kids an unforgetable experience that changes lives with hope and joy.
Come Experience the Joy!