April 27 Dream Flight Day Canceled – Next Steps
After closely monitoring the weather forecast, Above the Clouds has made the difficult decision to cancel Dream Flight Day originally scheduled for Sunday, April 27.
While it would technically be safe to fly—thanks to our highly experienced, IFR-rated pilots—the conditions are simply not ideal for creating the joyful, inspiring experience we want for our Dream Flyers.
Here’s why:
-
The cloud ceiling is expected to remain low at the altitudes most flights operate, meaning our Dream Flyers would have little to no outside visibility. Seeing the world from above is a huge part of what makes a Dream Flight so magical.
-
Windy conditions, although safe, would likely make flights bumpier than we prefer, especially for children flying for the first time.
At Above the Clouds, our mission is not just about getting kids into the air—it’s about creating magical, unforgettable first flight experiences. If we can’t deliver that magic, we would rather wait for a better day.
What Happens Next?
We are already working to add additional Dream Flight Days in May to reschedule the Dream Flyers originally scheduled for April 27.
This will allow us to accommodate everyone without impacting our regularly scheduled Dream Flight Days. We will reach out soon with more details and new scheduling options.
Stay Updated
We will continue to post important updates on our News and Updates page.
Please check back regularly for the latest information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Ray Santos at 617-429-2774 (call or text) or via email at ray@abovethecloudskids.org.
Thank you again for your incredible flexibility, patience, and support. We are so grateful for your dedication to our mission—and we look forward to seeing you at a future Dream Flight Day under better skies!


