Dream Flyer Spotlight: Brianna
- Where are you from?
2. Can you describe some of your medical challenges?
My biggest medical challenge would be my congenital heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy. I no longer have it after receiving a heart transplant, but I have had other medical emergencies and conditions since then. The biggest side effect I’ve gotten from having a weakened immune system to protect my heart is post transplant lymphoma. I’ve also had three other emergency surgeries since then including a surgery to remove part of a tumor from my tonsil, and appendectomy, and a bowel resection.
3. What is your favorite place you flew during your Dream Flight?
Over the Ocean.
4. Did you enjoy spending time with your pilot? Was there anything most memorable about your time together?
I had a great time with my pilot! There was one point when we were flying over the ocean and we got really close to a ferry. It was so funny watching the people look at us right above them!
5. What did you love about your Dream Flight?
Everything! I especially liked when we flew over the Dunkin Donuts headquarters and everyone was waving to us from the ground.
6. Talk me through your Dream Flight experience with your pilot
When I met my pilot I got an awesome jacket with my name on it and a really cool pair of sunglasses. We then decided where we were going and got in the helicopter! First we went to Boston and flew over the hospitals, Fenway, and the ocean. When we left Boston we flew to Taunton where I was able to see my house and my high school. Lastly, we went to the Dunkin Donuts headquarters and then back to the airport.
7. How would you say ATC is changing lives?
It gives kids some time to just be themselves. Being up in the helicopter lets you enjoy yourself and focus on one thing, flying!
8. What would you say to someone who hasn’t had a Dream Flight experience yet?
It’s totally awesome and you’re going to love it so much!
9. Describe ATC in one word